Germany 2014 – 30′
On the foothills of an Alpine slope, an artist-shaman named Lorenz lives. He tends a vegetable garden near a river, and he earns his living by selling his sculpted totems and painted stones to tourists. In Lorenz's world, the Native American spirituality interweaves with South Tyrolean traditions, and a sunny clearing in a wood can become a place of worship and meditation. But the first to break the silence of the woods surrounding his house is himself, eager to tell [strangers] a philosophy of life and arts both simple and ruthless –- in nature, the only important thing is to survive.
Old Wild Lorenz portrays with a curious and watchful eye the world of an artist-farmer who lives in solitude on tourism, and whose works of art – made of stones, scraps, animal skulls and bones – are essentially inspired by a reflection on death.
A film by Alessandro Soetje.
Watch the movie
Best Director at the San Giò Verona Video Festival 2015
- Swiss Mountain Film Festival 2016
- Valsusa Filmfest 2016
- Grenzland-Filmtage Selb 2016
- Mountain Pico Festival 2016
- Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival 2015
- Festival International du Film de montagne d′Autrans 2015
- Bansko Film Fest 2015
- Mountainfilm International Filmfestival Graz 2015
- DokumentART 2015
- Matsalu International Nature Film Festival 2015
- Jahorina Film Festival 2015
- Clorofilla Film Festival 2015
- San Giò Verona Video Festival2015